This accessibility statement applies to www.hs2east.co.uk
This website is run by HS2 East. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
- We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
This website aims to conform to:
W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines priority 1, 2, and 3 guidelines
- The site has been created with a combination of XHTML and CSS.
- All informational images contain an ALT tag and decorative images are either relegated to the CSS document or have a null ALT attribute.
- All pages have valid HTML.
- Links have been written to make sense out of context. Where this has proved impossible the title tag has been used to expand on their meaning.
- The website offers full functionality in all modern browsers on PC, Mac, Tablets and Smartphones.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are aware of some accessibility issues on the website with regards to WCAG compliance and readability.
We are working with our Accessibility Partners – TextHelp to update the website on an ongoing basis.
We also use the ‘BrowseAloud’ assistive technology app to help users navigate our site and we use plain English as much as we can to make the content easier to understand.
Listen to this website with BrowseAloud
Whether you are using a Smartphone, Tablet, PC or Mac, ReachDeck will provide the speech and reading support tools you require for free.
What is the BrowseAloud Toolbar?
The BrowseAloud Toolbar reads website content out loud using the most natural and engaging voice to transform your online reading experience. New features include: Translator, Simplifier, Screen Masking for Touch Screens and the ability to personalise the settings to suit individual needs and preferences.
Other features include:
- Dual-Colour Highlighting
- Text Magnification
- MP3 Maker
- Screen Masking
- Pronunciation Modifier
- Secure Site Reading
- PDF Reading
- International Languages
How do I access the BrowseAloud Toolbar?
Click on the orange ‘b‘ button that appears on the top right area of this website to launch the toolbar, then simply click any text to hear it read aloud.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 24th June 2021. It was last reviewed on 10th August 2021.